Social Media Use Policy
Revised 22 September 2020
Seminole ISD social media pages are provided for the enjoyment of the community by the Seminole ISD Administration. Each page will be updated in a timely manner in order to provide content that is up to date. These pages will include important time-sensitive information, for example, school closings or late starts. The pages will also feature achievements made by Seminole ISD students and activities Seminole ISD Indians and Maidens have participated in on and off-campus.
The Social Media Pages that are run by Seminole ISD are to be kept free of rude or impolite content. Any content posted to these pages is at the discretion of the Seminole ISD Administration. The intent of supervising each comment is not to deter critical information from being posted, but instead, protect the privacy and rights of Seminole ISD staff and students. The use of specific names of staff or students in a negative manner is prohibited. The Seminole ISD Administration will review all content in order to ensure that each one appeals to the district’s Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and policies.
The district welcomes all opinions and looks forward to hearing what the community has to say. However, text, photos, or videos that violate the terms listed below will be removed from the social media page.
- Content that breaks the law or encourages others to do so. This includes disrespecting copyright and fair use laws.
- Content that obtains abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are racist, homophobic, and sexist, as well as those that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
- Content that easily identifies students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms.
- Content that does not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or is considered likely to offend or provoke others.
- Content that is spam – i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments.
- Content that contains advertising not previously approved by Seminole ISD that is simply advertising/promoting a service or product.
The page administrators reserve the right to not post or remove any comments at any time, for any reason - but we hope that won’t ever be necessary.
If you have a comment or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to email@example.com.
Please note, you can also receive e-mail and phone text messages of our updates as they are posted through the settings of your personal Facebook account.
Thank you for stopping by and/or being a fan of Seminole ISD.